The new and updated Shamal Wheels with the wider 17mm rim width to match up with the rest of the Campagnolo range.
The gold standard of performance aluminium racing wheels goes by the name of Shamal™.
The stealth version of this performance wheelset goes by the name of Shamal Mille ™ and the sophisticated surface treatment that gives this wheelset its sleek and elegant dark look also represents a significant performance advantage. This treatment permits surefooted and strong braking power, above and beyond that of normal aluminium rims, in both wet and dry conditions.
New for this year is a C17 rim that ensures a better rim/tire interface and thus improved performance especially when using 25 and 28mm tyres. The already elegant wheelset gets a facelift in the form of black anodized nipples, to complete its understated dark look.
The new Shamal Mille™ is sure to turn heads of both the competition on race day as well as those next to you at the stoplight.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- PLASMA ELECTROLYTIC OXIDATION: it offers elegant finish and enhances braking power and modularity.
- TOROIDAL MILLING SPIRAL GROOVE ON THE BRAKING TRACK: reduces braking distance while maintaining silent braking.
- DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT FRONT (24 - 27mm) AND REAR (27 - 30mm)
- MOMAG™: allows the external profile of the rim to be free of holes.
- DYNAMIC BALANCE: The wheel is balanced buy use of weight opposite the valve.
- AERODYNAMIC SPOKES IN ALUMINIUM: maximum air penetration, less weight and greater reactivity.
- DIFFERENTIATED SPOKES: 16 radial spokes for the front, 21 spokes for the rear, doubled on the right and exclusive Mega-G3™ spokes to reduce vibration, increase stiffness and transmission of power to the wheel.
- BLACK NIPPLES: black Oxidation Finishing self-locking aluminium nipples outside the rim. Allows for easy maintenance and less truing over the wheel lifetime.
- SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM: it keeps the spokes in a position of maximum aerodynamics. CCERAMIC USB BEARINGS WITH DIFFERENTIATED DIAMETERS: 28mm for the front, 30mm for the rear. Less friction, less weight, greater smoothness and the same performance over time.
- HUB BODY IN CARBON: high lateral stiffness, reducing weight to a minimum.
- AXLE IN ALUMINIUM: low weight, high stiffness.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: it increases torsional stiffness, increasing its reactivity at every change in the cyclist’s pace.