Campagnolo engineering staff have developed a new construction that has created a braking performance above and beyond anything found on carbon rims to date. The Campy Tech Lab’s developments focused on being able to give the rider the same braking performance in wet conditions as in dry conditions. The result is a new braking surface technology called AC3 (all Conditions Carbon Control).
With maximum aerodynamics, extreme speed and incredible handling, The Bora One is sure to give you the best performance in any situation. Even on the most challenging mountain curves. Increasing the rim width from 20,5mm to 24,2mm allowed the Campagnolo engineers to not only improve the aerodynamics but also to allow the wheel to accommodate wider tyres. Using wider tyres increases control, as the contact area between tyre and asphalt is larger, thus improving grip and creating a more comfortable ride.
The wider rim profile increases structural integrity, without increasing the weight of the wheelset.
Weight is further reduced thanks to a smaller profile front hub. Campagnolo engineers were able to reduce the weight and size of the hub while maintaining all of the performance characteristics of the previous version.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Full Carbon high profile 35mm rim, in clincher and tubular versions.
- Includes brake pads specifically for carbon wheels
- AC3 treatment on the brake surface, improving braking in all conditions
- RDB (Rim Dynamic Balance) exclusive technology moulded inside the rims, assures perfect balancing of the rims even at high speeds
- Ultra lightweight decals eliminate the need for heavy adhesives and painting, reducing the overall weight by nearly 15g
- Aluminium hub with oversize flange with cup and cone USB bearings, aluminium axle
- Aerodynamic spokes with exclusive Mega-G3 spoke pattern and anti-rotation system
- Quick release with eccentric-closure system
- Weight: 1215g for Tubular
- Weight: 1406g for Clincher
- (CA) Campagnolo, (SH) Shimano