Tifosi Scalare 1.1 Carbon Ultegra Bike
The Scalare has been the most talked about bike in the Tifosi range achieving high praise in the cycling press. It’s unique geometry makes it the ultimate road bike whether you are looking for all day riding comfort or a high-performance racer.
The Scalare is not only stiff, but has precise handling and outstanding comfort. These characteristics are achieved due to the dynamic tubing construction of the frame. The result is a robust lower part of the frame, ensuring lossless transmission of pedalling forces. Subtle seat-stays bring a clean appearance to the bike and very good "high-frequency vibration" absorption capacity, the thin stays also lower the overall weight of the frame. The frame’s tapered head tube with oversized lower headset bearings provide high rigidity for precise control and durability. The Scalare is available with Shimano or Campagnolo groupsets or as a frameset only.
DYNAMIC TUBE SHAPING A powerful and comfortable frame is created by the use of dynamic tube shaping. This unique concept creates a solid bottom section to the frame maximising power transfer. This is then combined with more slender upper sections to the frame, which optimises the frame’s capacity to absorb vibration from the road.
POWER TRANSFER POINT An oversize bottom bracket and stiff central section of the frame provides high lateral rigidity, ensuring highly efficient energy transfer from pedalling. A PF30 68x46 bottom bracket reduces weight and stops axles twisting.
INNER CABLE ROUTING Cables and hoses are routed inside the frame. This protects the cables from dirt and extends the life of the cable, while at the same time making gear changes more precise, even under extreme conditions. This also has the benefit of improving the aesthetics and aerodynamics of the bike.
ELECTRONIC GROUPSET READY These bikes are compatible with all brands of electronic groupsets should you wish to upgrade the components.
CARBON MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION Carbon Tifosi bikes are constructed from premium modulus carbon fibre, commonly found on some of the most expensive bikes on the market. This type of carbon is specially selected to give the optimum balance between stiffness, strength, weight, durability and comfort. Its properties are most important in high-strain, and strength-critical areas of the frame such as the seat stays, top tube, down tube and head tube.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE A tapered head tube adds additional strength and high torsional stiffness to the frame as well as providing pinpoint steering accuracy.
- Sizes: XS/S/M/L/XL
- Frame: UD Toray T700 and T800 Carbon
- Forks: Carbon UD 1 1/8"- 1/2"
- Seatpost: 31.6
- B/B: PF30 BB
- Frame Weight: 1050g (S)
- Shimano Ultegra/Miche Groupset
- Cinelli DNA Bar, Stem and Seatpost
- Miche Race 707 Wheels
- Selle Italia X1 Flow Saddle
- Vittoria Zaffiro Tyres
- Deda Bar tape
All orders dispatched by Royal Mail.
Items with a value of greater than £50 are sent Royal Mail signed for.
Bulky items (groupsets, wheels & turbo trainers) are sent by courier
- Unless damaged or defective, we accept the return of items only if they are unopened (except in cases where the item has to be tried for fit) and in their original condition. In the case of clothing which have to be tried for fit, any returns must be in their original packaging and with any labels still attached.We reserve the right to refuse a returned item if labels have been detached .
- Returns form must be included in your parcel failure to do so could result in delays .
- Must not exceed 2 kg
- Please ensure that you retain your proof of postage off Royal mail as this may be required to process refunds/exchanges and failure to provide this may result in your refund/exchange not being processed .
- We are unable to refund postage that you have paid for yourself unless it has been pre-authorized by Vanilla bikes.