Sidi Wire Carbon Vernice Shoes
The NEW Wire is 100% pure performance with zero compromise, SIDI’s latest go-to shoe for WorldTour athletes and pros everywhere. Wire features an ALL NEW Tecno 3 closure system utilizing an exceptionally supple, low-friction line material for unimpeded action without binding.
It provides extremely even pressure distribution across the entire foot, for perfect fit with uncompromising comfort and pedaling efficiency. Tecno 3 micro-ratcheting buckles allow easy one-click adjustment in either direction, for simple fine-tuning on the fly. Snug ’em up, and you’re ready to throw down.
- 60 grams lighter, per pair, compared to Ergo 3.
- All new Tecno 3 buckles independently adjust fit across the forefoot and toe.
- Improved Vent Carbon Sole®: Same incredible stiffness with closeable vents.
- Adjustable Heel Retention Device® eliminates heel lift.
- New Comfort Fit insoles with memory foam for lightweight support.
- Lighter, more ergonomic Soft Instep Closure System® and padded tongue eliminate pressure points.
SIDI Wire Carbon VerniceTechnology:
Vent Carbon Sole®
- The 2013 Vent Carbon Sole® is an engineering marvel—stiffer and lighter than SIDI’s all-conquering Carbon Lite Sole®, with integrated vents and air channels for heat dissipation and improved comfort. The 2013 Vent Carbon Sole® now features a NEW ultra-light heelpad and a NEW replaceable integrated toe pad/vent cover. It is specifically engineered for high-performance, high-mileage cyclists.
- Like all of SIDI’s hand-lay-up carbon soles, the Vent Carbon Sole® is constructed in an Italian contract facility that specializes in carbon fiber fabrication, and includes speed merchants Ferrari and Ducati on its client list. It is handmade exclusively of T700 carbon fiber in a 3k weave pattern (competitors’ carbon soles have little carbon fiber content, or use cheaper, lower-modulus T300 carbon fiber), oriented at opposing angles that maximize stiffness while allowing for a small degree of controlled flex in the toe area that biomechanically relieves stress on the plantar tendon and helps promote circulation. The sole is heat- and compression-molded with longitudinal corrugations that improve mechanical stiffness without added material or weight.
- The Vent Carbon Sole® is not only light but remarkably stiff, deflecting only 1.4mm in SIDI’s rigidity test, in which a 50kg (110lb) weight is suspended from one end of the sole.
- The vent features a sliding cover for four-season comfort, and leads to two longitudinal airflow channels molded into the carbon sole that direct air underneath the forefoot area’s perforated footbed (SIDI’s Comfort-Fit insoles have matching perforations for unimpeded airflow).
- The Vent Carbon Sole® features a standard 3-hole drilling pattern, printed 10mm lateral and fore/aft cleat alignment scale as well as the Look Memory Eyelet® for easy cleat alignment and replacement.
- For triathlon, the vent also serves as a water drain, dramatically improving foot comfort after a wet transition.
Soft Instep Closure System®
- The Soft Instep Closure System® is a wide, anatomically curved strap combined with a soft, thermo-formed EVA pad that distributes pressure evenly over the instep area.
- The Soft Instep Closure System® is adjustable from both sides, to perfectly center the EVA pad over a high or low instep. Excess strap on the crank arm (inside) side of the shoe may be trimmed after adjustment. Like most SIDI small parts, the Soft Instep Closure System® is replaceable.
Tecno 3 Buckle®
- In 1966 Mr. Dino creates the first ever mono-filament line closure system with a rotor buckle for use on the ski boots of the Italian Olympic Champion Marielle Vautcel. In 1988, 22 years after inventing the mono-filament line closure system with a rotor buckle, Mr. Dino patents it for use in a cycling shoe. The patent covers a closure placed on the heel as well as on the instep. Three adjustments are shown: tightening across the instep, across the forefoot, and around the heel.
- The latest version of that system, SIDI’s NEW Tecno 3 buckles, adjust fit across the forefoot and the toe of the shoe. The precision ratchet closure mechanism is easily adjusted using two buttons that can be pressed to incrementally loosen the buckle, one ratchet tooth at a time. Lift and turn the center buckle to tighten the shoe. To open completely, push on both buttons while pulling on the soft instep closure system. SIDI’s famously reliable and replaceable closures are improved by an ALL NEW proprietary SIDI Wire material, an extremely supple braided synthetic material that’s very low friction, for completely non-binding action and extremely even pressure distribution across the closure.
- Like most SIDI small parts, the Tecno 3 Buckle® is serviceable and replaceable.
Adjustable Heel Security System® (HSS)
- The Adjustable HSS®, introduced in 2006, reinforces the top of the heel cup and adjusts to securely close around the heel just above the calcaneus (heel bone), eliminating power-robbing heel lift during the pedal stroke.
- Like most SIDI small parts, the Adjustable HSS® is replaceable, and also available as an aftermarket upgrade to 2007 thru 2009 SIDI models.
- Lorica® is an exceptionally soft, supple microfiber synthetic leather possessing all of leather’s positive attributes, without any of the attendant shortcomings. It is water-repellent, quick-drying, breathable and permeable to water vapor, making it an ideal material for shoe uppers. It is abrasion- and mildew-resistant, and resists stretching and deterioration from atmospheric agents.
Sidi Heel Cup
- The SIDI Heel Cup is an external, reinforced cup that stabilizes and supports the heel, with an anatomically shaped plastic design holds its form and doesn’t break down over time, helping reduce heel slip and increase power transfer.
All orders dispatched by Royal Mail.
Items with a value of greater than £50 are sent Royal Mail signed for.
Bulky items (groupsets, wheels & turbo trainers) are sent by courier
- Unless damaged or defective, we accept the return of items only if they are unopened (except in cases where the item has to be tried for fit) and in their original condition. In the case of clothing which have to be tried for fit, any returns must be in their original packaging and with any labels still attached.We reserve the right to refuse a returned item if labels have been detached .
- Returns form must be included in your parcel failure to do so could result in delays .
- Must not exceed 2 kg
- Please ensure that you retain your proof of postage off Royal mail as this may be required to process refunds/exchanges and failure to provide this may result in your refund/exchange not being processed .
- We are unable to refund postage that you have paid for yourself unless it has been pre-authorized by Vanilla bikes.