Science in Sport Overnight Protein 1kg
SiS Overnight Protein 1kg
High quality slow release protein that contributes to the maintenance and growth of muscle mass while you sleep:
• Slowly digested milk protein
• Maintains muscle mass while you sleep
• Fuelling gold medal winners since 1992
• Informed Sport tested
About SiS Overnight Protein
SiS Overnight Protein is made from high quality milk protein for a great taste and trusted source of protein. The product formulation provides a source of slowly digesting protein to provide a pool of amino acid to support lean muscle growth and maintenance as you sleep.
Each serving contains 26-27g of protein per serving, depending on the flavour you choose. The milk protein contains the same ratio of fast and slow release proteins as found naturally in milk. Milk protein is over 80% casein, which is a slowly absorbed protein, and around 20% whey, which is rapidly absorbed. Whey protein stimulates the rate of muscle protein synthesis with its’ high leucine content. The formulation has low levels of carbohydrate and fat.
Why should I take SiS Overnight Protein?
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of recovery and is often unappreciated by many athletes. Regularly feeding protein every 3-4 hours in servings around 25g is the best way to support the growth and maintenance of lean muscle mass. Feeding during the night is obviously very difficult so taking a slow release protein before bed allows quality sleep and quality protein delivery to maximise your training adaptations.
During times of high volume training it can be difficult to avoid negative energy balance. Taking protein prior to bed reduces the likelihood of lean muscle mass breakdown to supply energy during the night.
Milk protein was recently found to be superior to micellar casein in a randomized, double blind trial in supporting resistance training. Click here to read the article.
As with all SiS products, SiS Whey Protein is produced at our Informed Sport accredited factory and is rigorously screened to ensure a clean, safe product that athletes of all levels trust.
SiS Overnight Protein should be taken 45-60 minutes before bed. Can be served hot or cold.
All orders dispatched by Royal Mail.
Items with a value of greater than £50 are sent Royal Mail signed for.
Bulky items (groupsets, wheels & turbo trainers) are sent by courier
- Unless damaged or defective, we accept the return of items only if they are unopened (except in cases where the item has to be tried for fit) and in their original condition. In the case of clothing which have to be tried for fit, any returns must be in their original packaging and with any labels still attached.We reserve the right to refuse a returned item if labels have been detached .
- Returns form must be included in your parcel failure to do so could result in delays .
- Must not exceed 2 kg
- Please ensure that you retain your proof of postage off Royal mail as this may be required to process refunds/exchanges and failure to provide this may result in your refund/exchange not being processed .
- We are unable to refund postage that you have paid for yourself unless it has been pre-authorized by Vanilla bikes.