QUARQ ELSA RS - Road Powermeter Crankset (GXP/BB30)
Quarq are at it again. For 2015 they are excited to introduce new products, new technologies and a new direction that continues to define accuracy, compatibility and convenience in power measurement.
High performance power meter for Shimano® bikes
Available now, Quarq’s ELSA RS packs a four-pronged punch to elevate performance for the Shimano® equipped bike and rider.
Specially designed to accommodate Shimano’s 4-arm Hollowglide™ chainrings, the spider houses integrated electronics, a CR2032 battery, LED indicator and visible ANT+™ ID. Quarq’s new multipoint, active temperature compensation enhances accuracy and consistency, making this our most exact power meter to date.
- Quarq’s Power Balance™ captures left and right drive strokes.
- OmniCal™ gives you a choice of chain rings with no compromise to accuracy.
- Exogram™ Hollow Carbon crank arms minimize weight and maximize speed.
- Cadence can be measured using a magnet or the built-in accelerometer.
Multipoint, active temperature compensation
Quarq’s active temperature compensation uses a multipoint map tuned to the thermal response of each power meter. Every breath, every heartbeat, every ounce of sweat and every pedal press is transformed into an unwavering record of your performance. No matter what the conditions.
- ELSA RS and the new SRAM XX1 power meter feature multipoint, active temperature compensation.
- Each power meter is individually calibrated at the factory to eliminate temperature effects on power measurement.
- The calibration process employs over 10,000 data points.
- Temperature compensation is computed and applied every pedal stroke.
- The effective operating range is 0F to 130F (-17C to 54C).
All Quarq ELSA RS and SRAM XX1 power meters - as well as any power meter shipped from the factory after August 14 – come equipped with a functioning multi-axis accelerometer. Accelerometer based cadence measurement offers an alternative to magnet-based measurement - for convenience and for bikes where it’s difficult to install a magnet.
- Performance is excellent up to 160rpm and in all but the most extreme vibration environments.
- Benchmark tests show the accuracy matches or surpasses other products that use accelerometers for cadence.
- All Quarq power meters with an LED and CR2032 battery are backwards compatible with accelerometer cadence. Switch it on by installing the latest firmware.
**Does not include Chainrings or Bottom Bracket (Crankset only)
All orders dispatched by Royal Mail.
Items with a value of greater than £50 are sent Royal Mail signed for.
Bulky items (groupsets, wheels & turbo trainers) are sent by courier
- Unless damaged or defective, we accept the return of items only if they are unopened (except in cases where the item has to be tried for fit) and in their original condition. In the case of clothing which have to be tried for fit, any returns must be in their original packaging and with any labels still attached.We reserve the right to refuse a returned item if labels have been detached .
- Returns form must be included in your parcel failure to do so could result in delays .
- Must not exceed 2 kg
- Please ensure that you retain your proof of postage off Royal mail as this may be required to process refunds/exchanges and failure to provide this may result in your refund/exchange not being processed .
- We are unable to refund postage that you have paid for yourself unless it has been pre-authorized by Vanilla bikes.